[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Do we need to sign Windows files with GnuPG?

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 5 06:43:14 CEST 2015

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> And I suspect python-dev generally doesn't put much weight on the
> extra effort required (release managers have all been using gpg for
> decades, it's pretty trivial)

I'm aware of this, but still don't see it as a reason to unnecessarily duplicate process.

> or see any reason why Microsoft's internal GPL-hate should have any
> effect on the PSF's behaviour.

Seems the "internal GPL-hate" has softened even more than I was aware. The history for GPG was spotty, but my request was automatically approved, so I guess the line has been moved far enough away that I've lost that excuse :)

Now I just have to find the time to learn how to use it...

Cheers,
Steve