[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Do we need to sign Windows files with GnuPG?

Steve Dower Steve.Dower at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 5 03:07:10 CEST 2015

There's no problem, per se, but initially it was less trouble to use the trusted PSF certificate and native support than to add an extra step using a program I don't already use and trust, am restricted in use by my employer (because of the license and the fact there are alternatives), and developing the trust in a brand new certificate.

Eventually the people saying "do it" will win through sheer persistence, since I'll get sick of trying to get a more detailed response and just concede. Not sure if that's how we want to be running the project though...

Top-posted from my Windows Phone