[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Do we need to sign Windows files with GnuPG?

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:42:55 CEST 2015

So, AFAIU from this discussion:

* Authenticode does not have a PKI
* GPG does have PKI
* ASC signatures are signed checksums

As far as downstream packaging on Windows (people who should/could be
subscribed to release ANNs):

For Choclatey NuGet:

* https://chocolatey.org/packages/python
* https://chocolatey.org/packages/python.x86
* https://chocolatey.org/packages/python2
* https://chocolatey.org/packages/python-x86_32
* https://chocolatey.org/packages/python3

Python(x,y):

* https://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/

For Anaconda (the MS Azure chosen python distribution):

* http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/install.html#windows-install

These should/could/are checking GPG signatures for Windows packages
downstream.

http://www.scipy.org/install.html