[Python-Dev] version of freshly built 2.7 python

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:17:46 CEST 2015

On Thursday, April 2, 2015, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> I just built the latest version of Python 2.7 on my development machine --
> or so I thought.  When I invoke it, I get:
>
>   Python 2.7.6+ (2.7:1beb3e0507fa, Apr  2 2015, 17:57:53)
>
> Why am I not seeing 2.7.9?

 https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/1beb3e0507fa/

I'd say update and try again. Taking a wild guess as to why you're on the
wrong revision, if you use the hg 'share' extension to keep separate
working copies of each branch, remember that 'hg pull --update' doesn't
update if you already have all changesets from the server due to a pull in
another 'shared' copy.

Hope this helps,

--
Zach