[Python-Dev] OpenBSD buildbot has many failures

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:47:36 CEST 2015

On 01/04/2015 08:32, Victor Stinner wrote:
> When I started to work on Python, I was surprised to not get emails from
> buildbots.
>
> Currently, there is an IRC bot on #python-dev which notify when buildbot
> color changes. Or sometiles I chceck the huge waterfall page. By the
> way, it became difficult to browse this page because there are too many
> offline buildbots.

On the back of Victor's recent emails re buildbots, I've knocked
something up which can be scheduled to email the status of some or all
buildbots:

  https://github.com/tjguk/buildbotinfo

It's rough-and-ready but it does work. If it's useful to anyone, feel
free to use / clone / fork / whatever. By all means send PRs or raise
Issues but I've already overrun the little time I'd given myself to get
this working so I'm not sure when I'll get to them.

There are two modules: the underlying buildbot.py which lightly wraps
the XML-RPC interface; and the buildbotinfo.py which uses it to generate
some readable output according to some selection criteria.

See the project README for some details:

  https://github.com/tjguk/buildbotinfo/blob/master/README.rst

TJG