[Python-Dev] MemoryError and other bugs on AMD64 OpenIndiana 3.x

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:01:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

> I have contacted the machine manager and he has said to me that 16GB
> were taken in the "/tmp" directory by buildbot user. He has deleted them
> and everything should be fine now. Lets see.
>
> Anyway if buildbot is leaving garbage behind we should take care of it.
> Doing a daily cron for manual cleaning up seems a bit hacky :).

Usually, created files are all removed. Serhiy even added a test
recently for that in regrtest.

The problem is that Python may keep some created files on test failures.

> I would be interested, too, in getting an email when one of my buildbots
> is red for more than, lets say, 4 days in a row. An email per day would
> be fine.

There are still MemoryError:

http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/AMD64%20OpenIndiana%203.x/builds/9543/steps/test/logs/stdio

http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/AMD64%20OpenIndiana%203.x/builds/9542/steps/test/logs/stdio