[Python-Dev] 3.5 release schedule PEP

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:22:23 CEST 2014

FYI, homebrew's Python uses prefix option, so I can't use `--user`.
Is it a bug?

$ /usr/local/bin/pip -V
pip 1.5.6 from /usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.8_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip-1.5.6-py2.7.egg
(python 2.7)

$ /usr/local/bin/pip install --user tornado
error: can't combine user with prefix, exec_prefix/home, or install_(plat)base

$ cat /usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.8_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/distutils/distutils.cfg
[global]
verbose=1
[install]
force=1