[Python-Dev] PEP476: Enabling certificate validation by default

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Sep 22 02:26:53 CEST 2014

On 09/20/2014 11:05 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 21 September 2014 03:05, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That sounds reasonable to me -- at this point I don't expect this to make it
>> into 3.4.2; Nick has some working code on the ticket:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue22417 it's mostly missing documentation.
> I also think it's more sensible to target 2.7.9 & 3.4.3 for this
> change, especially given the remaining rough edges in custom trust
> database configuration on WIndows and Mac OS X that Christian pointed
> out in http://bugs.python.org/issue22449

FWIW, I tagged 3.4.2rc1 about 24 hours ago, so it certainly didn't make
it into that.  I could live with it going into 3.4.2 final if the
community was convinced that was the right thing to do.  But I'm more
than happy about the conservative turn the plans have taken.

If this isn't going in until 3.4.3, does that mean we need 3.4.3 on any
sort of particular schedule?

//arry/