[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Sep 3 02:37:38 CEST 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014 08:53:51 +1000
> On 3 Sep 2014 08:15, "Victor Stinner" <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > x86 RHEL 6 3.x: TestReadline.test_init() fails, issue #19884. I don't
> > have to this platform, I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Sorry, I haven't been a very good maintainer for that buildbot (the main
> reason it never graduated to the "stable" list). If you send me your public
> SSH key, I can add it (I think - if not, I can ask Luke to do it).
> Alternatively, CentOS 6 may exhibit the same problem.
>
> From a completely different perspective, does anyone have experience with
> using BuildBot with OpenStack hosted clients? We may be able to take
> advantage of the PSF's new(ish) Rackspace infrastructure to provide more
> stable test VMs.

I'm not sure that's an answer to the problem. What we need is not more
machines, but dedicated buildbot maintainers. That also means being
willing to diagnose issues themselves rather than kindly offer SSH
access, by the way ;-) (I can't speak for Victor, but being offered SSH
access when I point out an issue on a remote machine is really a
depressing answer to get, as far as I'm concerned)

And, we also need some people to look after the master configuration
and status - yes, that would have been me, but I've not been very
motivated recently :-)

Regards

Antoine.