[Python-Dev] Status of C compilers for Python on Windows

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Oct 27 00:52:28 CET 2014

Zitat von Tony Kelman <kelman at berkeley.edu>:

> A maintainer has volunteered. Others will help. Can any core developers
> please begin reviewing some of his patches?

Unfortunately, every attempt to review these patches has failed for me,
every time. In the last iteration of an attempt to add mingw64 support,
I had asked contributors to also provide instructions on how to use these
patches, and haven't received any instructions that actually worked.

I'm hesitant to add code that I cannot verify as actually working.

I guess anybody else reviewing these patches ran into similar problems
(I know some other core developers have tried reviewing them as well,
others have stated here that they are unable to review the patches).

Regards,
Martin