[Python-Dev] Semi-official read-only Github mirror of the CPython Mercurial repository

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:21:35 CEST 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>
wrote:

> Eli,
> Thanks for setting this up. People are evidently finding it quite useful
> and are wondering if it could be more frequently run. We don't want you
> to have to absorb the bandwidth costs yourself, though. Is the code you
> use available somewhere? It shouldn't be hard to set up the cron job on
> PSF infrastructure.

Sorry I missed this. Alex reached out directly a few days ago and I updated
it to hourly; I don't think there are significant costs involved, but if
someone at the PSF wants to run this, I have no objections to that either.

It's using the hg-fast-export tool, though, so its whole cache is required
(incremental updates are done and it has its own hg hash -> git hash
mapping).

Eli