[Python-Dev] Sad status of Python 3.x buildbots

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Oct 10 18:08:54 CEST 2014

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:00:06 +0200, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> On 10/10/14 17:56, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > Could I write a little
> > monitor at my end that asks every hour if my buildbots can be seen?
>
> AFAIK maintainers already get an email if the buildbot vanishes long
> enough. I am more interested in getting an email when my buildbot is
> consistently red because somebody committed something it doesn't like
> two months ago...

I think they are supposed to, but I've never gotten one, not even when
my gentoo buildbots suffered a hardware failure.  A month or so later
Antoine emailed me, and I told him to remove them at least for now,
since I don't currently have replacement hardware.  (I'm hoping to fix
that, but I have to find the time...)

That said, there has never as far as I know been an active hook to email
the maintainer when the buildbot is red.  I don't know if buildbot
supports that or not, so that would be the first thing to check.

--David