[Python-Dev] Fixing 2.7.x

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:35:27 CEST 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
> My impression is that no 3.X user ever would want to stick
> with any older version.
>
> Is that true, or am I totally wrong?

My impression is that you're mostly right, but only because those who
would still be on 3.1 are actually still on 2.5 ;).  However as one
who uses 3.x exclusively, I do still use 3.2 on a regular basis simply
because it's the last release to support Windows 2000 and it does
everything I need to do on that platform.

Either way, that seems a bit tangential to my original point, which
was that 3.1 is still technically an open security branch which is due
to be closed (with or without it's last security release, which was
due in June).

--
Zach