[Python-Dev] PEP 479: Change StopIteration handling inside generators

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:58:06 CET 2014

On 26 November 2014 at 17:19, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> It's hard to use as an example because the behavior of contextlib is an
> integral part of it -- currently for me the example boils down to "there is
> a bug in contextlib"

Hmm, fair point. I was assuming that the bug in contextlib can't be
fixed with the current language behaviour (and I'd personally be OK
with the example simply adding a comment "this can't be fixed without
changing Python as proposed in the PEP"). But I'm not sure how true
that is, so maybe it's not quite as compelling as it seemed to me at
first.

Paul