[Python-Dev] Move selected documentation repos to PSF BitBucket account?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:35:04 CET 2014

On 23 November 2014 at 17:14, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2014, at 2:01 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Travis isn't the only CI system on the internet, and for pure Sphinx
>> documentation cases, ReadTheDocs runs just as well off BitBucket as it
>> does off GitHub.
>
> Sure it’s not the only CI system, but as far as I know bitbucket doesn’t
> have near the integration possible with CI systems. I make a PR on github
> I get it tested and the merge button turns green to let me know that
> the tests run. Travis is popular enough that I’ve seen bitbucket projects
> hosting a mirror on github *just* for travis.

In the absence of a proposal to change version control systems
(again), the lack of Mercurial hosting on GitHub makes it rather a
moot point. Given that we can barely muster up any enthusiasm for
rehosting *without* changing version control systems (and the number
of CI systems that integrate with hg.python.org repos other than the
main CPython one is exactly zero), any proposal that involves doing
even *more* work seems doubly doomed.

Cheers,
Nick.