[Python-Dev] PEP 461: Adding % formatting to bytes and bytearray -- Final, Take 3

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Mar 27 18:20:14 CET 2014

Actually, I had ignored this discussion for so long that I was surprised by
the outcome. My main use case isn't printing a number that may already be a
string (I understand why that isn't reasonable when the output is expected
to be bytes); it's printing a usually numeric value that may sometimes be
None. It's a little surprising to have to use %a for this, but I guess I
can live with it.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)