[Python-Dev] PEP 466 (round 2): Network security enhancements for Python 2.7

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Mon Mar 24 18:56:05 CET 2014

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:
> Maintainability
> ---------------
>
> This policy does NOT represent a commitment by volunteer contributors to
> actually backport network security related changes from the Python 3 series
> to the Python 2 series. Rather, it is intended to send a clear signal to
> potential corporate contributors that the core development team are willing
> to review and merge corporate contributions that put this policy into
> effect.

As I understand, at least for smaller patches it is actually more work
to apply a patch than than to write it. With that in mind, are there
really sufficient volunteer resources available to review and merge
these corporate contributions if they come? The issue tracker certainly
does not lack issues with unreviewed and/or unapplied patches...

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
Encrypted emails preferred.