[Python-Dev] PEP 466: Proposed policy change for handling network security enhancements

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 23 00:15:35 CET 2014

Am 23.03.14 00:02, schrieb Benjamin Peterson:
> As (I believe) previously discussed and documented in PEP 373, this date
> currently will be May 2015.

Ah! Thanks for reminding me. I think PEP 466 then needs to take a
position on that, as well. By the past schedule, this probably means
two more bug fix releases for 2.7 (which is fine with me). However,
I expect this to be a problem for the PEP, since it is unrealistic
to expect that all aspects of the desired features are complete by
2015 (i.e. with no need for further updates in the coming years).

Regards,
Martin