[Python-Dev] PEP 466: Proposed policy change for handling network security enhancements

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 22 23:26:42 CET 2014

Am 22.03.14 23:21, schrieb Donald Stufft:
> "Just use Python 3.4" ignores the reality of production software. I wish it were that simple because I love 3.4

But I think so does the PEP (i.e. ignore the reality of production
software). The risk of breaking existing installations (which might
not be affected by the purported security threat being fixed) is just
too high.

Users that feel threatened by the lack of SSL features in Python should
have long started planning on how to get to Python 3. It's not that they
haven't been warned.

Regards,
Martin