[Python-Dev] undocumented help() function change in Python 3.4?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Mar 11 15:54:14 CET 2014

I'm not sure I agree completely with this lax attitude about the contents
of the docs, and especially the What's New parts of it (both Misc/NEWS and
Doc/whatsnew/3.4.rst). I find it very useful to have these pinpoint
*exactly* what made it into the tarball or zipfile or whatever other form I
happen to find the release -- you don't always have the full hg logs lying
around, nor do you always know from which exact revision or tag a tree was
built.

Of course it's fine to improve the docs in an ongoing fashion, and if it's
just a wording change to NEWS or whatsnew I don't mind missing it. But for
specific entries I'd like to strive for completeness in each branch/tag/rc.

Also, tonds of thanks to RDM for his work on the new whatsnew!

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)