[Python-Dev] cpython: whatsnew: 'U' mode deprecation (#15204).

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:32:13 CET 2014

10.03.14 15:09, Nick Coghlan написав(ла):
> Huh, I missed that change. Don't we still need U when writing 2/3
> compatible code at this point? If so, perhaps we may want to reconsider
> this particular deprecation in 3.4.1.

In most cases the 'U' mode either no-op or forbidden in Python 3. It may
be needed only when you use built-in open() in Python 2 and open without
the encoding and newlines arguments in Python 3 (but it will be better
to use io.open()).

http://bugs.python.org/issue15204