[Python-Dev] Cherry-pick between Python 3.4 RC2 and final?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Wed Mar 5 03:46:46 CET 2014

On 03/04/2014 03:59 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I too would like an rc3, especially to see if issue 19021 can be fixed, which
> I suspect will hit a lot of people.

I talked to the other guys on the 3.4 team, and we're all willing to do
an rc3 this weekend.  I'll add that to PEP 429.

In other news, I'm thrilled to confirm something Antoine mentioned a
week or two ago: it is literally impossible for garden-variety core devs
to push new branches back into trunk.  I tried to, early this morning
(PST), with someone logged in to hg.python.org ready to clean up in case
it actually worked.  But happily hg hooks on the server reject new
branches every time.

Since this banishes my chief objection to publishing the repo where I do
my cherry picking, I'll be publishing that repo this week.  I think I
still have a rebase ahead of me, so I'm going wait until after the
latest (and hopefully last!) round of cherry-picking. I'll post to
python-dev once the tree is public.

//arry/