[Python-Dev] Fix Unicode-disabled build of Python 2.7

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 01:51:44 CEST 2014

> For the same reason, I agree with Victor that we should ditch the
> threading-disabled builds. It's too much of a hassle for no actual,
> practical benefit. People who want a threadless unicodeless Python can
> install Python 1.5.2 for all I care.

By the way, adding a buildbot for testing Python without thread
support is not enough. The buildbot is currently broken since more
than one month and nobody noticed :-p

http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/AMD64%20Fedora%20without%20threads%203.x/

Ok, I noticed, but I consider that I spent too much time on this minor
use case. I prefer to leave such task to someone else :-)

Victor