[Python-Dev] Moving Python 3.5 on Windows to a new compiler

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jun 11 00:15:15 CEST 2014

Am 07.06.14 17:38, schrieb Steve Dower:
> One more possible concern that I just thought of is the availability of
> the build tools on Windows Vista and Windows 7 RTM (that is, without
> SP1). I'd have to check, but I don't believe anything after VS 2012 is
> supported on Vista and it's entirely possible that installation is blocked.

I wouldn't worry about that. People can be asked to update their build
machines (within reason), as long as the resulting binaries should work
on older systems still.

There are testing issues, of course, but they show up even in other
cases, like testing whether a 32-bit installer actually runs on
a 32-bit system when the build system is a 64-bit system; such issues
will always exist.

Regards,
Martin