[Python-Dev] Help with the build system and my first patch

Steven Stewart-Gallus sstewartgallus00 at mylangara.bc.ca
Sun Jun 8 23:22:19 CEST 2014

Hello,

I would like some help understanding the build system. I am currently
working on an issue (http://bugs.python.org/issue21627) and plan to
create some common functionality in Python/setcloexec.c and
Include/setcloexec.h that is conditionally compiled in on POSIX
systems and not on Windows systems. I need to extract this
functionality out from _Py_set_inheritable because it needs to run in
the dangerous context of right after a fork and I don't believe it can
throw exceptions. How can I conditionally compile some library code
for certain platforms only?

Thank you,
Steven Stewart-Gallus