[Python-Dev] PEP 460: allowing %d and %f and mojibake

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Jan 13 00:15:34 CET 2014

On 01/12/2014 02:52 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> You are right, it is not ok. The wording wasn't constructive or
> controlled at all. I'd like to apologize for that.

Thank you.  Apology accepted.

> At the same point, I was expressing a fair amount of frustration. I
> think the last discussion rounds have largely failed to produce any
> new meaningful insight (to the point that I've stopped reading several
> subthreads). IMO the best thing *for now* would be to "agree to
> disagree", let things bake in everyone's mind for some time, and
> revisit the subject in some weeks.

For the most part I agree.  I did, though, finally figure out what Nick thought I wanted, so there was at least a little
progress.

But yes, I think tabling the discussion for now, and working on Brett's ideas, is entirely appropriate.

--
~Ethan~

P.S.  Direct reply so you don't miss my response.  :)