[Python-Dev] 2.x vs 3.x survey results

Luca Sbardella luca.sbardella at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 01:39:53 CET 2014

On 4 January 2014 19:21, Scott Dial <scott+python-dev at scottdial.com> wrote:

> On 2014-01-02 17:54, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> > I put it at https://wiki.python.org/moin/2.x-vs-3.x-survey
>
> It would've been nice to see some crosstabs. Pretty much any question
> after Q3 is incomprehensible without splitting the respondents into
> sub-groups first.
>
> Of the 2.49% of people who said they've never written Python 2.x, how
> many of those people also said they have never written Python 3.x too?
> (There really is 4 categories of developers being surveyed here.) Of the
> 22.91% of people who said Python 3.x was a mistake, how many of them
> also said they have never written any Python 3.x? Of the 40% of people
> who said they have never written Python 3.x, how many of them also said
> they had dependencies keeping them on Python 2.x? Etc.
>
> --
> Scott Dial
> scott at scottdial.com

Hi guys,
you are my heroes but this survey is quite useless, can you include more
people?
I wasn't aware of it so many thousands of python users.
And after that, you are well aware that Python 3 or 2 is becoming a
liability, just stick with one, anyone (3) at this point.
I don't want to go and learn a new language, please.
Sorry for the rant