[Python-Dev] Buildbot - "slave lost"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 00:24:32 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:17 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> So it should be able to handle a failover from one link to
> the other, but it's certainly better to bind it to the more
> reliable transport. I believe you can somehow configure the
> frequency of ping messages so that you network doesn't believe
> the connection goes idle, plus it will attempt a reconnect
> if the network did indeed cancel the connection.
>
> If you wanted to study this further, you could look into the
> slave's twisted log file.

I should have mentioned that I'd already peeked into the log and
that's why I posted. There was something in there about it sending
application-level keepalives (every 600 seconds, IIRC), which looked
good; but it wasn't sufficient, as seen. After I switched it to the
other connection, I didn't see any more problems (and it's completed a
few builds, though 2.7 seems to be having trouble in the tests - not
peculiar to this bot though).

ChrisA