[Python-Dev] PEP 463: Exception-catching expressions

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:09:36 CET 2014

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> (FWIW, I have a working patch without tests that allows all of these, I'll
>> upload it tonight so people can play with it. Oh, and FWIW, currently I'm +0
>> on the idea, -0 on the specific syntax.)
>

> http://bugs.python.org/issue20739 is the patch.

Thanks!

You make a comment about precedence. When I wrote that up, it was
basically just "that seems about right"; whether it's equal to lambda,
equal to if/else, above both, below both, or in between, is free to be
tweaked according to what makes sense. Nobody has to date discussed
the exact precedence order, so feel free to tweak it for the benefit
of implementation.

ChrisA