[Python-Dev] Preview of 3.4 rc2 (so far) is up

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Thu Feb 20 01:42:57 CET 2014

On 02/19/2014 07:20 AM, Yury Selivanov wrote:
> About 21 of those are related to asyncio.
>
> On 2/19/2014, 7:42 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:03:31 -0800
>> Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>>> Only thirty cherry-picked revisions so far.  Gosh, you're making my
>>> life
>>> easy, guys,
>> That's a large number of cherry-picked revisions. How many are actually
>> release-critical?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antoine.

Yes, I'm allowing in basically all the asyncio changes, because a)
there's no installed base, and b) Guido is himself very heavily involved
in those changes.  It's my opinion that asyncio is going to get a lot of
scrutiny after 3.4.0 ships, so even though it's marked provisional it's
important to get it right.  And I don't have enough domain knowledge to
be able to pick and choose their changes.  So I'm relying on Victor /
Guido / Yury, merging all their changes, and hoping for the best.

I really am hoping it'll settle down soon, though,

//arry/