[Python-Dev] datetime nanosecond support (ctd?)

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Dec 11 20:37:05 CET 2014

On 12/11/2014 11:14 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> (I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't -- while computer clocks have a precision in
> nanoseconds, that doesn't mean they are that *accurate* at all (even with ntpd running).

[reading issue]

The real-world use cases deal with getting this information from other devices (network cards, GPS, particle
accelerators, etc.), so it's not really a matter of cross-computer accurancy, but relative accuracy (i.e. how long did
something take?).

All in all, looks like a good idea.

--
~Ethan~