[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Dec 2 19:59:54 CET 2014

On Tue Dec 02 2014 at 1:52:49 PM Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 18:21:39 +0000
> Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> >
> > So if we did have a discussion at the summit and someone decided to argue
> > for FLOSS vs. not as a key factor then I would politely cut them off and
> > say that doesn't matter to me and move on.  As I said, I would moderate
> the
> > conversation to keep it on-task and not waste my time with points that
> have
> > already been made and flagged by me and you as not deal-breakers. And any
> > votes would be to gauge the feeling of the room and not as a binding
> > decision; I assume either me or someone else is going to be the dictator
> on
> > this and this won't be a majority decision.
>
> Can we stop making decisions at summits where it's always the same
> people being present?

I already said I'm not going to make a decision there, but you have to
admit having an in-person discussion is a heck of a lot easier than going
back and forth in email and so I'm not willing to rule out at least talking
about the topic at PyCon. I wouldn't hold it against a BDFAP talking about
something at EuroPython and happening to make a decision while there and so
I would expect the same courtesy.

-Brett