[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Pierre-Yves David pierre-yves.david at ens-lyon.org
Mon Dec 1 04:56:20 CET 2014

On 11/30/2014 07:43 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:
> The idea that unless Python as a project always picks something written in Python over something written in something else we’re somehow signaling to the world that if you want to write X kind of tool you should do it in some other language is laughable. It completely ignores anything at all about the tools except what language they are written in.

My point is not "Python should always" pick python over any other
language. My point is: a tool written in python and with developer
already involved with the community is something to takes in account.
And is we simplify the technical debate (and shut it down as requested)
by saying both are equivalent. This is part of the other consideration
to take in account.

--
Pierre-Yves David