[Python-Dev] PEP 481 - Migrate Some Supporting Repositories to Git and Github

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Dec 1 04:48:04 CET 2014

On 11/30/2014 8:19 PM, Pierre-Yves David wrote:

> Mercurial have robust Windows support for a long time. This support is
> native (not using cygwin) and handle properly all kind of strange corner
> case. We have large scale ecosystem (http://unity3d.com/) using
> Mercurial on windows.
>
> We also have full featured GUI client http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/.

Tortoisehg comes with Hg Workbench, which I use for everything I can.
The only thing I do not use it for is file (versus repository/changeset)
commands, like file annotation. I do that with right click in Windows
Explorer.  In my current physical state, having to do everything at a
Windows command prompt would be more onerous.

There exists a TortoiseGit, but it lacks the unifying Workbench GUI.
There exists at least one 3rd party workbench that purports to work with
both hg and git. I have not looked at it yet.

--
Terry Jan Reedy