[Python-Dev] Windows Unicode console support [Was: Bytes path support]

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 11:46:53 CEST 2014

On 27 August 2014 09:09, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two links to CPython issues from the project description:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue1602
> http://bugs.python.org/issue17620
>
> Part of the feedback on those was that as much as possible should be
> made available as a third party module before returning to the
> question of how to update CPython.

OK, ta.

The only issues I'm seeing are that it doesn't play well with the
interactive interpreter, which is a known problem but unfortunately
makes it pretty hard for me to do any significant testing (nearly all
of the stuff that I do which prints to the screen is in the REPL, or
in IPython which has its own custom interpreter loop).

If I come up with anything worth commenting on, I will do so (I assume
that comments of the form "+1 me too!" are not needed ;-))

Paul