[Python-Dev] https:bugs.python.org -- Untrusted Connection (Firefox)

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Aug 21 16:41:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 18 August 2014 22:30, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
>    Aha, I see now -- the signing certificate is CAcert, which I've
> installed manually.

I don't suppose anyone is particularly annoyed by this fact?  I know
for sure two classes of people that will never click "Ignore".  The
first one is people that, for lack of a less negative term, I'll call
"security freaks".  The second is "serious business people" to which
the shiny new look of python.org appeals; they are likely to heed the
warning "Legitimate banks, stores, etc. will never ask you to do this"
and would regard an official hint to ignore it as highly
unprofessional.

(The bug tracker of PyPy used to have the same problem.  We fixed the
situation recently, but previously, we used to argue that we didn't
have a lot of connections with either class of people...)

A bientôt,

Armin.