[Python-Dev] Surely "nullable" is a reasonable name?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Aug 4 20:18:44 CEST 2014

On 08/05/2014 03:53 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> Le 04/08/2014 13:36, Alexander Belopolsky a écrit :
>> If the receiving type is PyObject*, either NULL or Py_None is a valid
>> choice.
> But here the receiving type can be an int.

Just to be precise: in the case where the receiving type *would* have
been an int, and "nullable=True", the receiving type is actually a
structure containing an int and a "you got a None" flag. I can't stick a
magic value in the int and say "that represents you getting a None"
because any integer value may be valid.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are places in builtin argument parsing that
accept either NULL or Py_None, and I *think* maybe in one or two of them
they actually mean different things.  What fun!

For small values of "fun",

//arry/