[Python-Dev] Aborting unit tests on first failure

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 04:38:44 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just run the testsuite of hg tip with
>
> ./python -m test -u network,urlfetch -j 8 -G -v

"failfast" (from -G) is passed directly to unittest.TextTestRunner
(see test/support/__init__.py:_run_suite()).  However, that's on a
per-process basis.  When running with -j, each test (test case?) is
run in a separate process.  Unless the processes are sharing some
state (which I didn't see), any existing processes will run to
completion.  Furthermore, I don't know if the "pending" tests are
cleared out under "failfast", but it doesn't look like it.

-eric