[Python-Dev] this is what happens if you freeze all the modules required for startup

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Tue Apr 15 00:07:28 CEST 2014

On 4/14/2014 2:51 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> consider freezing all the modules
> Now the question is whether the maintenance cost of having to rebuild
> Python for a select number of stdlib modules

"all" versus "select number".

So I'm guessing the proposal is to freeze all the modules that Python
imports just to get itself running, which would consume no additional
memory when frozen, and saves time per your performance numbers, rather
than the whole stdlib, which is what is sort of implied by "all".