[Python-Dev] Semi-official read-only Github mirror of the CPython Mercurial repository

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:09:48 CEST 2013

Hi all,

https://github.com/python/cpython is now live as a semi-official, *read
only* Github mirror of the CPython Mercurial repository. Let me know if you
have any problems/concerns.

I still haven't decided how often to update it (considering either just N
times a day, or maybe use a Hg hook for batching). Suggestions are welcome.

The methodology I used to create it is via hg-fast-export. I also tried to
pack and gc the git repo as much as possible before the initial Github push
- it went down from almost ~2GB to ~200MB (so this is the size of a fresh
clone right now).

Eli

P.S. thanks Jesse for the keys to https://github.com/python