[Python-Dev] Compiler for the Mac OS X version of Python 3.4

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 18 18:44:12 CEST 2013

> That's why I get my Python (for Snow Leopard) from MacPorts.

Unless things have changed, that probably doesn't support Mac-specific
stuff, does it?

I was thinking more of non-developer users who are likely to need/want
Mac-specific interfaces for tools which are written in Python. That
might just shift the burden to the developers of such tools. My guess
is that there is a domino effect. Apple stops supporting Snow Leopard,
which, all other things considered, forces third-party developers who
use Python in their products to stop supporting it, which then
pressures their users to buy new hardware so they can run newer
versions of those developers' tools.  This is good for Apple, but
creates headaches and monetary costs for developers and users
downstream.