[Python-Dev] Add a "transformdict" to collections

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Sep 10 14:44:01 CEST 2013

Am 10.09.13 14:35, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
>> ['FOO'] or ['foo']? Both answers are justifiable. Both are possibly
>> even useful depending on context...
>
> I think it would be best to leave it as an implementation detail,
> because whichever is easiest to implement depends on the exact
> implementation choices (e.g. C vs. Python).

I think this is the point where the datatype is *not* clearly
straight-forward, and thus deserves a PEP.

I think it would be a flaw to have this detail implementation-defined.
This would be like saying that it is implementation-defined which
of A,B,C is returned from "A and B and C" if all are true.

Regards,
Martin