[Python-Dev] SEEK_* constants in io and os

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 17:48:01 CEST 2013

2013/9/2 Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com>:
> Yes, now I see a 500 usec difference timed within the Python script. When
> timing the whole execution of Python: (...)

Can you please provide the list of imported modules by:
python -c 'import sys; print(sys.modules)'

For python with default options and for python with -S (no site
module) options? And also with your patch?

Python should be fast to write "hello world" (or "python -c pass),
it's a dummy but common benchmark (to compare Python to other VM /
other programming languages).

Victor