[Python-Dev] Add a new tracemalloc module to trace memory allocations

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 03:36:51 CEST 2013

+1 from me for both tracemalloc and failmalloc in the same vein as
faulthandler (and using similar API concepts to faulthandler).

While I like the flat top level naming structure, we should clearly
document these as implementation dependent runtime services. Other
implementations may not provide them at all, and even if they do, many
details will likely be different.

The gc module may even fall into the same category.

Cheers,
Nick.