[Python-Dev] PEP 455: TransformDict

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Oct 30 14:30:10 CET 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:12:03 -0600, Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I had to choose right now, a safe choice would be to focus on
> the primary use case and implement a clean CaseInsensitiveDict
> without the double-dict first-saved case-preserving feature.
> That said, I find the TD to be fascinating and there's more work
> to do before making a decision.

Please be aware that the PEP author's motivation in submitting the PEP was
to have a case insensitive, case *preserving* dict.  The generalization
serves to make the new datatype more useful, but if the end result
doesn't satisfy the original use case of the author, I won't be
surprised if he has no motivation to work on it further :).

--David