[Python-Dev] pathlib (PEP 428) status

Oliver Bestwalter oliver at bestwalter.de
Sun Oct 27 21:31:19 CET 2013

Hi,

Christian Heimes <christian <at> python.org> writes:

> [...] Last week at PyCon.DE in Cologne
> several people have asked me about pathlib. We even had a BarCamp
> session about path libraries for Python. A couple of German Python users
> have promised to contribute doc improvements soonish.

Yes I am one of those germans :) I gave a talk there, where I asked the naive
question about the 'missing' path class in Python and it resonated with quite
a few of the participants, so I guess this would be appreciated by a lot of
Python users.

Anyway - I am willing to give Antoine a hand in getting pathlib into Python
3.4. I will see what I can do.

So +1 from me :)

Cheers
Oliver