[Python-Dev] pathlib (PEP 428) status

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Thu Oct 24 00:38:02 CEST 2013

Am 23.10.2013 23:37, schrieb Charles-François Natali:
> Hi,
>
> What's the current status of pathlib? Is it targeted for 3.4?
>
> It would be a really nice addition, and AFAICT it has already been
> maturing a while on pypi, and discussed several times here.
> If I remember correctly, the only remaining issue was stat()'s result caching.

Hi,

I'd like to see pathlib in 3.4 as well. Last week at PyCon.DE in Cologne
several people have asked me about pathlib. We even had a BarCamp
session about path libraries for Python. A couple of German Python users
have promised to contribute doc improvements soonish.

AFAIK stat caching and a os.listdir() generator with stat `recycling`
(dirent->d_type) are open issues. I suggest Python 3.4 should ignore
these features for now but prepare the API and documentation for future
enhancements.

+1 for PEP 428

Christian