[Python-Dev] Python 3.4.0a4: Coming In For A Bumpy Landing

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Oct 21 00:52:57 CEST 2013

3.4.0a4 is tagged and I'm in the process of releasing it.  But it's
going to be, let's say, more "alpha-quality" than the previous alphas.

Known problems:

  * There's a reference count leak in the compiler.
  * asyncio test suite sometimes times out, which takes... an hour.
  * asyncio test suit fails on a couple of platforms.

I don't think any of these are bad enough to slip the schedule. However,
if you disagree, pipe up, feel free to try and change my mind, it's not
too late.

//arry/