[Python-Dev] Looking for volunteers to test Tulip on Windows

Richard Oudkerk shibturn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 19:36:28 CEST 2013

On 18/10/2013 6:15pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Thanks! There are some new changes (I fixed a race with sockets closing)
> and I hope to land flow control (finally) later today.
>
> Do you know what those skips are? I suspect they might be due to ssl not
> working for you either. :-(

Lack of support for subprocess, signals, ssl (with iocp), pipes, add_*()
(with iocp):

$ python-release runtests.py -v 2>&1 | grep skipped
test_add_signal_handler (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'No SIGKILL'
test_read_pipe (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't
support pipes for Windows"
test_signal_handling_args (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'No SIGALRM'
test_signal_handling_while_selecting (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests)
... skipped 'No SIGALRM'
test_subprocess_close_after_finish (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_close_client_stream (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_exec (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_exitcode (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_interactive (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ...
skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_kill (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_send_signal (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ...
skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_shell (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_stderr (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_stderr_redirect_to_stdout
(test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't support subprocess
for Windows yet"
test_write_pipe (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't
support pipes for Windows"
test_write_pipe_disconnect_on_close (test_events.SelectEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support pipes for Windows"
test_add_signal_handler (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'No SIGKILL'
test_create_datagram_endpoint (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped 'IocpEventLoop does not have create_datagram_endpoint()'
test_create_server_ssl (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'IocpEventLoop imcompatible with SSL'
test_create_ssl_connection (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped 'IocpEventLoop imcompatible with SSL'
test_read_pipe (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't
support pipes for Windows"
test_reader_callback (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'IocpEventLoop does not have add_reader()'
test_reader_callback_cancel (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped 'IocpEventLoop does not have add_reader()'
test_signal_handling_args (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped 'No SIGALRM'
test_signal_handling_while_selecting
(test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped 'No SIGALRM'
test_subprocess_close_after_finish (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_close_client_stream (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_exec (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_exitcode (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_interactive (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_kill (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_send_signal (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped "Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_shell (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_stderr (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
"Don't support subprocess for Windows yet"
test_subprocess_stderr_redirect_to_stdout
(test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't support
subprocess for Windows yet"
test_write_pipe (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped "Don't
support pipes for Windows"
test_write_pipe_disconnect_on_close (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests)
... skipped "Don't support pipes for Windows"
test_writer_callback (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ... skipped
'IocpEventLoop does not have add_writer()'
test_writer_callback_cancel (test_events.ProactorEventLoopTests) ...
skipped 'IocpEventLoop does not have add_writer()'
OK (skipped=39)

--
Richard