[Python-Dev] cpython: Rename contextlib.ignored() to contextlib.ignore().

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Oct 13 03:15:12 CEST 2013

On 11Oct2013 13:51, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 11:33, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> >And Antoine has again taught me a new word:
> >polysemic: having more than one meaning; having multiple meanings
>
> IMHO a poor word to use.  I'm a middle aged Brit who's never heard
> of it so people who have English as a second language have little or
> no chance :(

IMO a fine word. New to me, but perfectly clear and memorable once
explained.

People with English as a second language might do better than us
if they've cottoned onto the patterns arising from the root languages,
versus a native speaker basing things entirely on memory.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

The engine purrs beneath me with a purpose,
ready for the pleasure of my hand upon the throttle. - Peter Smith